Wednesday, November 18, 2009

P90X: Day 15 Update

I'm actually on Day 17 currently, but I figured I can get into the habit of making a blog post about my progress every 15 days equaling 6 posts.

This has been quite a journey so far. I've been following the fitness plan perfectly. I've been pushing myself pretty hard to get through each and every workout. It's not that I'm about to die, but an hour of each workout is a lot of work. You WILL feel the burn. You WILL sweat. You WILL get tired. You WILL hurt. Well, a "good hurt" as Tony Horton puts it.

I won't go into too much detail about each workout. That's what I have my P90X Video Blog for. The first 3 weeks consists of the following workouts: Chest & Back, Plyometrics, Shoulders & Arms, Yoga, Legs & Back, Kenpo, and Stretching. All of the workouts are at least an hour of intensity except for the stretching, which is a nice rest for the 7th day. The 4th week is a recovery week just focusing on Yoga, Core Synergistics, and Kenpo.

And oh yes, I mentioned Ab Ripper X in my last P90X post. This hell of a workout is done three times a week throughout the 90 days, except for the recovery weeks.

As far as the changes I see and feel, my upper body looks a bit more defined. When I tighten my abs, they feel as hard as they have ever been. I can actually see where the 6 pack would show up if I were to get my belly fat outta there. I notice a drastic increase in energy, which may also have to do with getting more sleep lately and working out in the mornings.

I must also mention that I've read most of the P90X Nutrition Guide. I'm not following it 100%, but I have drastically increased my protein intake and lowered my carb and fat intake. For the first 30 days, the guide recommends your calories to be split in the following: 50% Protein, 20% Fat, 30% Carbohydrates. As you continue the program beyond 30 days, you can incorporate more carbs in place of protein. For example, my breakfasts have been usually consisting of 6 egg whites, slice of cheese, 3 slices of turkey bacon, a banana, and a cup of skim milk mixed with some protein whey. Mmm protein!

I must also say, it helps to have some friends to do it with. It's great motivation! I have about 5-7 friends on Twitter/Facebook that are posting their daily updates on their P90X Progress. 2 of those friends are on the same day as me. It's like a competition to me. And if you know me, I'm VERY competitive.

Be back around Day 30. I should have some nice Before and After photos up! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment